Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

22 Weeks

A few updates of our week so far...

Okay. So the yard sale was interesting. This was my very first one and naturally since J has had one back when he was 9 years old- he is a yard sale expert ;). Needless to say that their aren't anymore 'come at the crack of dawn/early bird' yard-salers -like we thought still existed. We woke up before the sun was even awake to finish getting things set up. Three (long) hours later, we FINALLY had our first customer (yay! we honestly thought no one was even going to show up). Jon's face lit up like a kid at the candy store. Once we got through the first customer, they kept rollin' on in. All in all we made a good lil' chunk of change and were able to get rid of unwanted/unneeded items. I'm calling this the 'Baby J fund' as we will put some of this money towards his nursery *which I am oh so excited about getting back to work on.

Much to my surprise, when we woke up Sunday, Jon decided he wanted to get a jump start on the nursery (yay! I was super excited *and surprised) so we took off to the man store (aka:Home Depot) and got what we needed to start the chair rail and wainscoting process.

The plan was to paint the wainscoting (outside) first before putting them on the walls, but considering it was about 135 degrees (seriously it was miserable, I do not see how people work outside in this heat- bless you if you do!!!) outside on Sunday, we opted to cut them to size and put them on the walls first then paint them later. We were able to finish wainscoting one wall yesterday and will continue to work on this throughout the week :). I am so excited and can not thank Jon enough for doing this (& for being SUCH A HARDWORKER)!! Here are a few pics of Step 2...





Also, this week, I had the pleasure of going around to different daycares and checking them out....WOWZERS, can you say extra mortgage payment and/or 3 car payments? I am in the process of researching them and we hope to make a final decision before I start back work (....which is in 2 weeks, AHH- where did my summer go? *this is a whole 'nother blog post in itself!).

My awesome, amazing, talented, beautiful sister came to stay with me on Monday. Let's just say that I was very excited to see her, as it has been a while. We enjoyed having girl time, catching up, staying up late, talking, eating good, and just having that 'sister-time' (if you have a sister, then you know what I am referring to).
 

Anywho, thats all I got for now... I will post again in a few days. Hopefully, we will have made a little more progress on Jax's nursery! Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment